Solved Question Set on English Language for IBPS PO CWE
1. Jaspal Rana is a distinguished athlete in which of the following games ?
2. ‘The Dronacharya Award’ is associated with—
(A) Eminent Surgeons
(B) Famous Artists
(C) Sport Coaches
(D) Expert Engineers
3. The author of ‘Gitagovinda’ was—
4. Who wrote the book ‘India Wins Freedom’ ?
(A) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Sir Mohammad Iqbal
(D) Abdul Gaffar Khan
5. Baba Amte is famous as a ………
(D) Social Worker
6. Who was the first woman Governor of an Indian State ?
(A) Sushila Nayar
(B) Sucheta Kriplani
(C) Sarojini Naidu
(D) Sulochan Modi
7. Who is the first non-Indian to receive the Bharat Ratna ?
(A) Martin Luther King
(B) Zubin Mehta
(C) Mother Teresa
(D) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
8. Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi has distinguished herself in the field of—
(C) Playing Violin
(D) Vocal Music
9. Which of the following is not correctly matched ?
(A) Ravi Shankar–Sitarist
(B) M.F. Hussain–Tabla
(C) R.K. Narayan–Novelist
(D) Kaifi Azmi–Poet
10. Who said, “You give me blood, I will give you freedom” ?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) Bhagat Singh
11. Nobel Prizes are not given for which of the following fields ?
12. When is the ‘International Women’s Day’ observed ?
(A) March 8
(B) February 14
(C) May 10
(D) October 2
13. Indra Nooyi is the Chief Executive Officer of which company ?
(B) Coca Cola
14. The 2008 Olympics will be held in—
15. 6th April, 1930 is well known in the history of India because this date is associated with ……
(A) Dandi March by Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Quit India Movement
(C) Partition of Bengal
(D) Partition of India
16. The concept of ‘Din-e-Elahi’ was founded by which king ?
(A) Dara Shikoh
(C) Shershah Suri
17. The central point in Ashoka’s Dharma was—
(A) Loyalty to kings
(B) Peace and non-violence
(C) Respect to elders
(D) Religious toleration
18. Mahatma Gandhi for the first time practiced his Satyagraha in India at—
19. ‘Do or Die’ was one of the most powerful slogans of India’s freedom struggle. Who gave it ?
(B) J.L. Nehru
(C) Balgangadhar Tilak
(D) Subhash Chandra Bose
20. Who among the following formed a party named as ‘Forward Block’ ?
(A) Subhash Chandra Bose
(B) Sardar Bhagat Singh
(C) Chandrashekhar Azad
(D) J.L. Nehru
21. Where are the Dilwara Temple’s located ?
(A) Shravana Belgola
(B) Parasnath Hills
(D) Mt. Abu
22. Who was the first Indian lady to preside over the Congress ?
(A) Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
(B) Annie Besant
(C) Vijaylakshmi Pandit
(D) Amrita Shergill
23. In India, there are three crop seasons. Two of them are Kharif and Rabi, name the third one ?
24. In India agriculture of jute is maximum on which Delta area ?
25. The most discussed Tehri Dam Project is located in which of the following States ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh
26. Which of the following pair is not correctly matched ?
(A) Kota — Chambal
(B) Bhubaneshwar — Mahanadi
(C) Jabalpur — Narmada
(D) Surat — Tapti
27. Which is the India’s largest lake ?
28. Which of the following States has rich forest of sandalwood ?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Madhya Pradesh
29. Which of the following is the smallest ocean of the world ?
30. The Hirakud Project is on which of the following rivers ?
31. The name of the galaxy, in which the earth is a planet, is—
(B) Ursa Major
(C) Ursa Minor
(D) Milky Way
32. Which national park is known for the Great Indian one-horned Rhinoceros ?
33. The largest irrigation canal in India is called the—
(A) Yamuna Canal
(B) Sirhind Canal
(C) Indira Gandhi Canal
(D) Upper Bari Doab Canal
34. Where does Chambal river originate from ?
35. Which of the following river is known as ‘Sorrow of Bengal’ ?
36. The largest public sector bank in India is—
(A) Central Bank of India
(B) Punjab National Bank
(C) State Bank of India
(D) Indian Overseas Bank
37. Who gives recognition t o political parties in India ?
(C) Supreme Court
(D) Election Commission
38. Which article of the Indian Constitution deals with Amendment Procedure ?
(A) Article 368
(B) Article 358
(C) Article 367
(D) All these
39. If the Speaker of the State Legislative Assembly decides to resign, he should submit his resignation to the—
(A) Judges of the High Court
(B) Deputy Speaker
(C) Chief Minister
(D) Finance Minister
40. When the offices of both the President and Vice President of India are vacant, who will discharge their functions ?
(A) Prime Minister
(B) Home Minister
(C) Chief Justice of India
(D) The Speaker
41. Sharda Act deals with—
(A) Widow Remarriage
(B) Child Marriage
(C) Inter-caste Marriage
42. ‘Hemophilia’ is the disease of—
43. Which of the following is present in Tobacco ?
44. These days yellow lamps are frequently used as street-light. Which one of the following is used in these lamps ?
45. Raja Harishchandra, an early Indian film, was produced by—
(A) D. G. Phalke
(B) Ashok Kumar
(C) Ardeshir Irani
(D) None of these
46. Who composed the song ‘Jara Yaad Karo Kurbani’ ?
(A) Javed Akhtar
(C) Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
(D) Raghupati Sahay ‘Firaq’
47. Which of the following is a folk dance of Rajasthan ?
48. Kuchipudi is a dance drama of which of the following States ?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
49. ‘The Colonel’ is the name of which Indian test cricketer ?
(A) Colonel C.K. Naidu
(B) Rahul Dravid
(C) Mohinder Amarnath
(D) Dilip Vengsarkar
50. Deodhar Trophy is related to which sport ?
1. (C) 2. (C) 3. (B) 4. (A) 5. (D) 6. (C) 7. (D) 8. (D) 9. (B) 10. (C)
11. (D) 12. (A) 13. (A) 14. (C) 15. (A) 16. (B) 17. (D) 18. (C) 19. (A) 20. (A)
21. (D) 22. (B) 23. (C) 24. (A) 25. (D) 26. (B) 27. (D) 28. (B) 29. (D) 30. (B)
31. (D) 32. (C) 33. (C) 34. (C) 35. (A) 36. (C) 37. (D) 38. (A) 39. (B) 40. (C)
41. (B) 42. (B) 43. (A) 44. (A) 45. (A) 46. (B) 47. (C) 48. (A) 49. (D) 50. (C)